The 10 most common benign throat cancer symptoms and methods of treatment
Laryngeal cancer is one of the most common types of cancer, especially the so-called “vocal cord polyps.” This type of tumor affects men more than women. Benign laryngeal cancer.
Symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer
Symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer It is a tumor that arises in the larynx and can arise in any part of the larynx, but it often begins in the glottis, and in the event of the spread of symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer, it can also affect the nearby lymph nodes in the neck, but it has not spread to The rest of the body after the symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer may be similar to the symptoms of throat cancer.
Through this article, we will discuss more about the causes and symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer, how to diagnose it, and how to treat it Through a Docspert Health oncologist.
Symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer
There are many symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer, which we will address the most famous of these symptoms through the following lines, as follows:
- Symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer The presence of changes in the voice of hoarseness or retention of the voice or its disappearance
- One of the symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer is continuous and chronic bad breath.
- Feeling of suffocation and loss of ability to breathe normally. It is a symptom of benign laryngeal cancer.
- Feeling tired and constantly tired are symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer A continuous cough without stopping.
- Difficulty swallowing with Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing due to airway obstruction.
- A symptom of benign laryngeal cancer is a persistent, chronic sore throat and the feeling of something stuck or a lump in the throat.
- Feeling of a lump stuck in the throat, having problems swallowing or pain in the pharynx.
- There is a constant need to cough to clear the surplus of accumulated sputum.
- Sensation of burning pain And feeling pain in the ear area.
- Chronic cough with blood or phlegm coming out.
Causes of benign laryngeal cancer
There are many causes that lead to this type of cancer, including the following:
- Severe excessive screaming or speaking in a loud voice, as this can lead to growths on the surface of the vocal cords.
- It is possible to notice these small nodules in the mobile part of the vocal cords.
- Smoking, as it is one of the main causes of benign laryngeal cancer symptoms and increases with the amount of smoking, as smoke can lead with its toxic components to the presence of slow microscopic changes in the mucous cells of the larynx, and with the continuation and increase of smoking over a period of years, these changes can turn into cells and tumors cancerous
- Exposure to environmental pollutants, which are cement dust, asbestos, industrial fumes and other toxic substances.
- Infection with some viruses, as this leads to benign tumors that may turn into cancerous tumors with time.
- Extensive exposure to radiation and vitamin A deficiency.
Methods for diagnosing cervical laryngeal cancer
There are several methods of diagnosing throat cancer that are used by the oncologist at “Doxpert Health”. Diagnostic methods include the following:
- Conducting a clinical examination by the doctor, as he detects symptoms of laryngeal cancer and what the patient complains about, in order to determine the examinations and the appropriate treatment method for each case.
- Perform a biopsy by removing a sample of tissue for testing. If abnormalities are discovered during endoscopy or laryngoscopy, the doctor passes surgical tools through the endoscope to obtain a sample of tissue (biopsy) to be sent to a laboratory for examination.
- Imaging tests. Imaging tests can help the doctor determine the degree, type, and location of cancer in the larynx. These include X-rays, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and positron emission tomography.
- Using an endoscope to perform a throat examination. A tiny camera at the end of the scope transmits a set of images to a video screen, which the doctor monitors for signs of abnormalities in the throat.
Laryngoscopy is also performed and a magnifying lens is used to help the doctor examine the vocal cords.
Methods of treating benign laryngeal cancer
- The treatment program depends on the degree and location of the benign tumor in the larynx. When symptoms of laryngeal cancer are noted, the benign one must visit the doctor immediately for diagnosis, so that the doctor begins to follow the specific treatment program by:
And follow the appropriate treatments for the case, as the treatments may differ according to the causes that may have led to the tumor of the larynx. If the tumor was benign, the drug treatments were mostly anti-inflammatory. Considering surgery.
How to prevent throat cancer
There is no specific way to prevent throat cancer, but there are some habits that can be followed, including the following:
- Avoid smoking completely and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke, as it is one of the most common causes of benign laryngeal cancer.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol because it is one of the most important causes of exposure to throat cancer.
- Commitment to eating foods that contain vitamin A and beta-carotene.
- The need to eat healthy fats, especially omega in fish, to boost immunity.
- Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, as one of its complications is laryngeal cancer.
- Make sure to follow the necessary safety procedures and not be exposed to toxic substances.
- The need to be careful to practice sports and physical activities that stimulate blood circulation and strengthen the immune system.
- Ensure to follow a healthy diet, rich in antioxidants, fiber, minerals and essential vitamins for the body.
- Commitment to the teachings of the specialist doctor, follow proper prevention methods and instructions, and ensure early detection and conduct the necessary and necessary examinations and x-rays to detect the most important symptoms or causes to be treated in its early stages.
- Paying attention to continuous exercise, which activates blood circulation, strengthens the immune system against diseases, improves mood, relaxes, and avoids stress and depression.
In the end
At the end of this article, we recommend seeking medical help if there are any changes in the nature of the body and feeling the symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer The above-mentioned treatment at Docspert Health primarily focuses on diagnosing and treating the symptoms of benign laryngeal cancer and how to manage its associated symptoms.
It was also explained in this article about the methods of treatment of benign laryngeal cancer The most important reasons for this are through “Doxpert Health”, and in the event that you encounter some questions or inquiries, do not hesitate to send them to be answered as soon as possible.
What is Docspert Health?
Docspert Health is the first platform in the Middle East that gives you the opportunity to present your medical condition to the best international expert doctors in Britain, America and Europe without the hassle and costs of travel.
Present your case to an international expert specializing in ear, nose and throat through a video chat, or communicate your complaint with the help of our medical team to the expert and receive a detailed medical report from the international expert, including the diagnosis and optimal treatment for your condition and answers to your questions.
Our medical team provides you with permanent support during your consultation with the international expert and follows up with you by phone or through Docspert clinics.